Lord of the Rings Online

Initial forum, open for all discussions.

Will you be playing "The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadow of Angmar"?

Total votes : 0

Lord of the Rings Online

Postby Vildar » Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm

With launching of LOTR Online imminent, have you decided whether you will be playing it. Admittedly it may not match up to the hopes and dreams of what Ardan Nights had hoped to be, but still it exists and can be played. Is that enough for you, the discerning Tolkien fan?
"As for any inner meaning or message, it has in the intention of the author none."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Vildar

Postby gforce99 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:20 pm

My life is a little too busy to play LOTR online. I played the Beta a bit but I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it.

As for the AN/NWN comparison, one of the main reasons I came here to begin with was I liked the post-LOTR-4th Age feel we were working for.

LOTR Online is basically ME during LOTR with no customization to allow us to hunt the Blue wizards, if you know what I mean.
gforce99

Postby Vildar » Thu May 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.

I'll probably end up playing, but purely to play with old friends. I was never enthused about LOTRO.

At the moment, I'm still undecided.
"As for any inner meaning or message, it has in the intention of the author none."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Vildar

LOTRO

Postby Ranadwelt » Fri May 11, 2007 7:34 am

Hello Vildar :)

I for one have been playing LOTRO since closed beta, and am thrilled with it. If you can remember what kind of hard core purist I was in the old days than maybe this comes as somewhat of a surprise, but know two things: I've softened up a bit, and LOTRO is truly a great game.

They've changed things (which is unfortunate) and added things (which is necessary), but they've done so with the utmost respect to the Lore, as they refer to it, to the books. And this is the very first MMORPG I've played where I can honestly say that the storyline is deeply engaging.

I was actually wondering who else from the old days is playing LOTRO. I'd love to hook up in a fellowship and play with my old friends.

---"Randy", Ranadwelt, Falmon, Falmaion, Dylan
Ranadwelt

Postby gforce99 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 am

hi Ran

I don't remember you from my old days here on AN, but I was the one that prodded Vildar to bring AN back.

Vil and I were talking about if we wanted to try LOTRO. I played the beta a bit, but time wouldn't allow me to get too involved.

My main question is, could forum members get together in LOTRO and play the 4th Age quests that we talked about before or is it purely set during the time of the LOTR novels?
gforce99

Postby Arconon » Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 am

Hey all, and good to see you again, Ranadwelt!!!

Just quickly stopping by to say hello (and to let you know that I'm also playing LotRO - life-time sentence ;^). I'm still at work and won't have time to post anything over the weekend but there's more to come....

Take care you all,

modus

EU Laurelin server (EN RP)
Arconon
"Do you want to live forever?"
Arconon

Postby gforce99 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:33 am

So what is so good about LOTRO that we can't get with modications to say NWN2? I mean besides everythings already done for you. :)

NWN2 is still free to play, right? LOTRO is like $15 a month. Correct?
gforce99

Postby Arconon » Fri May 11, 2007 11:38 am

Hey Gforce99!
Quick reply: I have played WoW for 2+ years so far....
Now I bought the life-time subscription for LotRO (150 euros) which equals about 1 year of paying the subscription fee for WoW, so in a nutshell I think it's worth it....

Why exactly I think it's worth spending 180 euros (total: box plus subscription), or more importantly some hours of our precious life each week, is about to follow next week... ;)

modus
Arconon
"Do you want to live forever?"
Arconon

Postby gforce99 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:05 pm

Can you customize LOTRO at all or is there an option to live in a PW that is not just the Third Age?
gforce99

Postby Glinlosorn » Fri May 11, 2007 7:11 pm

You barmy ol codgers! Look at you all still posting here Ararax! Fealar! Vildar! Arconon! Good to see you, i am indeed playing LOTRO and i also baught the lifetime version, having a blast so far! Youll have to pm your server and names and we should get together in the Green Dragon for some old toby and ale!

*CHEERS*

(Ho hum roomty toom tum lol)
"Gondor!Gondor.between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.
O proud walls! White towers! O winged crown and throne of gold!"
Glinlosorn

Next

Return to Greenway