ME Vault

Initial forum, open for all discussions.

ME Vault

Postby Vildar » Sat May 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Ok I know things change and let's be honest the online Middle-earth gaming community has changed a lot since I first entered the fray sometime in '98/'99 but I mean to say...

Has anybody else been to ME Vault recently. I hadn't been there in a couple of years....wow has it changed. Admittedly it hasn't had the friendliest face since it's redesign in 2000. It was a much more colourful site in 1999 as I recall, but now, it's downright dark and depressing.

Add to that, it's old bread and butter, an online MMORPG set in Middle-earth doesn't seem to get a mention. It's all about Battles for Middle-earth 2.

At least the forums aren't as grey as they once were. I still miss the green boards. Always wanted to try and redesign these boards to be like them.
"As for any inner meaning or message, it has in the intention of the author none."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Vildar

Postby Vildar » Sat May 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Ahhhh.....there's a LOTRO Vault. Doesn't quite roll of the tongue in the same way, but at least it's much more like what it should look like and if my eyes don't deceive me!! The General Discussion board lives on!! Despite the many fires and cancellations and false starts, the board following the move to IGN survives. What a pity The Stilted Pony burned to the ground with its many riches, not to mention the ME Developers Board.
"As for any inner meaning or message, it has in the intention of the author none."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Vildar

Return to Greenway