Future for Ardan Nights?

Initial forum, open for all discussions.

Postby gforce99 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:52 pm

So is there a desire from members here to see about bringing the 4th Age of Arda to NWN2?

I haven't purchased it yet, I am sortof waiting to see if members of AN are going that direction.
gforce99

Postby Paedrigh » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 pm

....thinking about purchasing it....and missing the glorious days of ardan-nights. Then again, life is different now....meaning I actually have one.
"Strength in the arm
Truth in the heart
Honesty in speech....."
Paedrigh

Postby MauhursLads » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:27 pm

Didn't realize these boards still existed (had to recreate my account since it didn't survive). I purchased a copy of NWN2 back in May and the toolset is radically different from NWN. It is unlikely anything other than scripts and conversations can be truly converted from before. Area building is significantly harder now than before also.
MauhursLads

Postby Vildar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey MauhursLad, good to see you drop by.

It's interesting that they've made it harder to build areas in NWN2. I know that it wasn't Bioware that developed it, but I would have assumed that they only built on to the Toolset.
"As for any inner meaning or message, it has in the intention of the author none."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Vildar

Postby MauhursLads » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:02 pm

You aren't dropping tiles in the new toolset. You are literally paininting the terrain onto the map. It takes a lot more time now to make an area (decent looking anyway) than before.
MauhursLads

Postby Grump Strongarm » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

Yeah, I think I will put my two penny now.
As every Dwarves, I am bad tempered and partly illiterate...when not druk. So forgive my harsh words...BUT
Forget about that NWN2 stuff. The all thing is a goblin made bag of tricks. As all goblin made things it doesn't work very well and there is alway flaws. The hell may say if they are unexpected or if they were willingly put in it. -Grumph-

Part of that... if I well remember, I first came here to find some fixin to ANelves. What about that ? Huh ?

Cheers
Grump Strongarm

Re: Future for Ardan Nights?

Postby Grump Strongarm (too) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:00 am

Okay, as I see things won't go futher ?
Come on ! Every others are back online on NWN after NWN2 backfires.
Why don't talk about Ardan Night PRESENT !? Make it back online too. It's that's simple.
Grump Strongarm (too)

Previous

Return to Greenway